Eating a balanced meal or snack 1-2 hours after a workout has been shown to be a good recovery timeframe to consider.
Here are 10 nourishing suggestions you may want to give a try:
1. Handful of Nuts with a Banana
2. Primal or Nakd Raw food Bar or homemade energy bites
3. Apple with 1 tbsp. almond butter
4. 250ml of green smoothie
5. 1/2 cup of organic natural yogurt, 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1/8 cup of walnuts/pumpkin seeds
6. Grilled Chicken with Roasted Root Vegetables and Steamed Kale
7. Courgette Noodle Pasta with Chickpea Meatballs and Tomato Sauce
8. Wild Salmon Fishcakes Steamed Greens and 1/2 sweet potato
9. 1/4 cup of homemade nutty granola with 1/2 cup organic kefir yogurt & pear
10. 1/2 cup of soaked oats with carrot, cinnamon, nutmeg and topped with 2 tbsp. seeds
Optimal health = 80% nourishing foods & 20% exercise.