Here are some simple and easy energy boosting foods that should keep you going throughout the day. Give them a try and see how you feel.
1) WATER - This is the most important to have on your desk, to sip at throughout the day. Without water our brain and body can not function properly, we will be left feeling hungry and tired and grabbing for snacks to give us a quick pick me up. Fill a 500ml water bottle and leave it on top of your desk. Try to drink at least 1-2 of these each day
2) ALMONDS - These are a great source of protein and essential fats that keep us feeling full for longer, can help with weigh loss in moderation, and give us energy. Try 5-8 along with an apple and you will feel satisfied more then a couple biscuits
3) BERRIES - These are packed full of antioxidants that keep us looking young and healthy, they are a great snack to have alone or paired with a small tub of natural yogurt and a few pumpkin seeds.
4) HARD BOILED EGG - This is a great snack for those who are looking for something a bit more savoury, they contain healthy fats that are great for heart health, our skin and our bones. Slice it on top of two rice cakes with sliced tomato and avocado for a great mid afternoon snack idea
5) BANANA - Probably one of the most popular fruit choices, they are great for energy and a perfect pre-workout snack (30 minutes before a 1 hr medium to high intensity workout) or mid morning snack try it with a bit of almond butter (YUM)
6) OATMEAL - Not just for breakfast, why not have it mid morning or mid afternoon with some berries/sliced apple/sliced pear and some ground flaxseed. Packed full of fibre and B Vitamins that are great for keeping us full for longer and energy.