Savoury breakfasts are one of my absolute favourites. Although I love various types of eggs I wanted to try a new spin on an omelette - japanese style.
This omelette doesn't contain any eggs and is more like a savoury pancake, packed with various types of vegetables.
2 cups of courgettes grated and then drained of their moisture
1 large carrot peeled and grated
2 shallots chopped long ways (or spring onions)
3/4 cup of gluten free flour
1/2 cups of water
1. Mix the flour and water in a bowl, set aside
2. Heat a medium sized pan add the onions and slightly cook until translucent, then add in the carrots. Cook until they are softened. Then add in the courgettes.
3. Mix the vegetables into the batter and then pour the batter back into the heat pan and spread to cover the whole bottom (10-12" pan)
4. Cook until browned on one side, then flip and continue to cook on other side.
5. Remove from pan and cut into 2-3 portions and serve each with 1/2 sliced avocado and fresh coriander
Adapted from: www.closetcooking.com