Since going gluten free and yeast free it is often times difficult to find a really good bread recipe and something that you can snack on and not feel guilty about. When searching through the internet I found this amazing recipe called the 'Life Changing Loaf' and like the author mentions it also changed my life.
It is so easy to prepare, only requiring one bowl to mix everything through and then you have a gorgeous hearty loaf that you can serve with homemade soup, as a snack, or sliced with fresh avocado and sea salt.
Give it a try you won't be disappointed.
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup flaxseeds
1/2 cup almonds
1 1/2 cup of organic oats (not jumbo)
2 tbsp. ground chia seeds
4 tbsp. psyllium husks
1 tsp. himilayan sea salt
3 tbsp. rice bran oil (because I had it on hand) but you can use coconut oil or ghee melted
1 1/2 cups filtered water
1. Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix through
2. Then add in the wet ingredients and combine until it forms a wet mixture
3. Line a small loaf tin with parchement paper or use a silicone loaf tin and pour the mixture into the pan
4. Smooth down the top surface and allow to sit for 2 hours or overnight
5. Then preheat your oven to 175C
6. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the tin and flip upside down on a rack and continue to bake for an additional 30-40 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool
8. Slice and enjoy with your favourit topping (you can also slice and freeze for later)
A delicious alternative to bread packed with omega 3, 6, fibre, magnesium, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, zinc, selenium, protein, B Vitamins, Vitamin E, and much more.
Adapted from: My New Roots