There is so much information out there discussing the importance of post workout snacks and meals but are you giving your body what it really needs to rebuild and repair after an intense workout?
Eating a balanced meal or snack 1-2 hours after a workout has been shown to be a good recovery timeframe to consider.
Here are 10 nourishing suggestions you may want to give a try:
1. Handful of Nuts with a Banana
2. Primal or Nakd Raw food Bar or homemade energy bites
3. Apple with 1 tbsp. almond butter
4. 250ml of green smoothie
5. 1/2 cup of organic natural yogurt, 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1/8 cup of walnuts/pumpkin seeds
6. Grilled Chicken with Roasted Root Vegetables and Steamed Kale
7. Courgette Noodle Pasta with Chickpea Meatballs and Tomato Sauce
8. Wild Salmon Fishcakes Steamed Greens and 1/2 sweet potato
9. 1/4 cup of homemade nutty granola with 1/2 cup organic kefir yogurt & pear
10. 1/2 cup of soaked oats with carrot, cinnamon, nutmeg and topped with 2 tbsp. seeds
Optimal health = 80% nourishing foods & 20% exercise.
Debbie Vanderboom is a Nutritional Advisor, Natural Juice Therapist and foodie who loves using fresh, wholesome food to nourish the body. Educating her clients on the importance of choosing healthy foods on a daily basis is her focus. She provides her clients with recipes, resources and meal plans to help develop healthy eating habits for life.