The results were wonderful. They were so simple to make and be mixed with any ingredients that you would like. I decided to mix mine with some pesto, wild alaskan salmon and fresh spinach.
2 large sweet potatoes (peeled, chopped and steamed)
2 cups of gluten free flour (I used doves farm)
1 tsp. himalayan sea salt
1. Steam the sweet potato until soft
2. Add to a large bowl and mash with a fork or masher
3. Add in half the flour and mix through, then add in the second half of the flour and mix. You should have a soft dough consistency.
4. Add in the sea salt and mix, you may need to add a bit more flour if the consistency is still too sticky.
5. Next take small pieces of the dough and roll them into small oval shapes and set them aside.
6. Once they are all rolled out heat a pot of water until it is boiling
7. Add in the gnocchi 10 at a time and cook until they begin to float towards the top of the pan
8. Remove them and continue to cook the rest of the gnocchi
9. Then heat a pan over medium heat, add your cooked salmon, spinach and pesto, toss through you gnocchi and enjoy.
This recipe does make quite a lot of gnocchi so if you want to freeze some of it for another meal in portions that may be a good idea. We just had the leftovers the following day.
I hope you enjoy these.
Adapted from: Madelaine Shaw