This recipe was a hit with the whole family, my little one devoured it for breakfast with some scrambled eggs and fresh fruit. A great way to add more vegetables to your daily eating plan, with a hint of spice and a bit of sweetness.
I would recommend that you have this as a healthy afternoon snack with a cup of herbal tea or alternatively as a breakfast option that will give you an energy boost to start your day without the crash in blood sugar levels that comes from a standard bowl of sugary cereal.
Let me know what you think - great for the kids before they go to school.
1 1/2 cups of mashed sweet potato
2 organic eggs
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup of coconut yogurt (plain - coconut collaborative)
1 3/4 cups of doves gluten free flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg ground
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground all spice
pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 175C and line a loaf tin with parchment paper
2. Peel the sweet potato and cut into small pieces, then steam or boil them until soft. Remove any water used and then mash in a bowl and allow to cool.
3. Once the potatoes are cooled add in the eggs (you don't want them to cook if potatoes are too hot still), coconut oil, coconut yogurt, maple syrup and whisk until smooth
4. In another mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices.
5. Add the wet to the dry and then combine until a thick batter forms (you may need to add a bit of water to loosen if it is too thick) slowly using a spatula to fold through the ingredients
6. Pour batter into the loaf tin and smooth over the top
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean
8. Allow the loaf to cool completely, then divide into slices and serve with some extra coconut yogurt and some fresh fruit
Adapted from: averiecooks.com