These are an excellent way to start your day with energy that lasts, without making you feel sluggish and tired mid morning. The protein, healthy fats and fibre will help slow the release of carbohydrates giving you long lasting energy without the spike in blood sugar levels and crash that happens not long after a high sugary and processed breakfast. These would be an ideal start to the day for young and old (kids love pancakes and I am sure if you gave them the choice they would eat them any day of the week).
So why not swap out your sugary cereals and juice which give kids (and adults) more then their recommended daily amount of sugar for the day for these no sugar added, grain free, protein packed and nutrient dense pancakes.
Here's the recipe.
5 Ingredient Paleo Pancakes
Makes - 10-12 pancakes
Serves - 5-6 (2 pancakes each)
2 bananas mashed
4 free range/organic eggs
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder gf
1/2 cup of ground almonds
Optional: Swap out the mashed bananas for mashed sweet potato or mashed squash for those who don't like the taste of bananas - makes about a cup
1. Mash the bananas in a bowl
2. Whisk through the eggs then add in the dry ingredients
3. Combine until it forms a batter
4. Then heat a non stick pan over medium heat and cook these in batches about 3-4" wide
5. Once they bubble on the top, flip them over and cook for another minute then set aside until all the pancakes are cooked.
6. Serve 2 pancakes with fresh blueberries or mixed berries, 1/4 cup of natural organic yogurt, 2 tbsp. of raw nuts/seeds (peanuts are legumes so they are not included here), and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
I hope you enjoy these, please let me know what you think in the comments below and share with your friends or family. They are guaranteed to be the hit of any brunch or breakfast.