2 cups of organic oats
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
1/4 cup sultanas or cranberries
2 tbsp. butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup nut/seed butter
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
Adapted from: Emily Bites
1. In a large bowl combine the oats, flax, nuts and dried fruit and stir until mixed and set aside.
2. In a small pan combine the butter, maple syrup, nut butter, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Heat over medium heat, stir until ingredients are combined.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and coat completely. Place in a bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 325F. Lightly spray 12 muffin cup liners. Divide the granola evently, using fingers, press the granola down each cup and up the sides to create a cup shape. The mixture will be sticky so use water on your finger to shape.
5. Bake the granola cups for 15-17 minutes, remove and let cool.
6. Then fill with 3 tbsp. of natural yogurt topped with fresh fruit of choice.
This is a great dessert for an party or following a family meal. Freeze any extra's for a later date.