If you are looking for an afternoon treat or after dinner dessert this would be a great choice.
Serves 12-14 slices
1 cup of gluten free flour mix
1 1/2 cups ground almonds
1/4 cup of coconut oil or rice bran oil
1/4 cup of maple syrup
2 free range/organic eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. unsweetened almond or coconut milk
1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips or chopped 85% dark chocolate (into chunks)
1. Preheat oven to 175c (fan)
2. Mash the bananas in a bowl and add in all the wet ingredients and mix well to combine
3. Next add in all the dry ingredients and combine then add in the chocolate chips
4. Pour mixture into a parchement paper lined loaf tin and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until a knife comes out clean (may vary depending on your oven)
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cook, remove from the loaf tin and slice into 12-14 pieces.
This loaf can be frozen and reheated when you feel like you need a quick snack or healthy treat.